Selling Your Home: Escrow
The marketing and negotiating period may have been exciting but the escrow period is the most critical. This is where a transaction will proceed to completion or not.
What is Escrow?
Escrow is a neutral third party that holds funds and disperses them to the various parties with, and only with, the proper instructions from all parties.
During this time your agent will:
- Attend and advise on property inspections.
- Monitor the buyer's loan process.
- Make sure all time frames are understood and achieved.
- Work with the title company to assure clear and transferable title.
- Deal with any and all unforeseen issues that inevitably arise during all transactions.
- Keep you informed at every step of the way.
- Explain the final stages of the actual transfer of title and the subsequent delivery of the property to the new buyers.